Thursday, October 23, 2014

Peek-a-boo open and close sensory board

I was so inspired by the Clothes Fastenings Board from Craftulate that I decided to make one for Victory. Determined, I set off on a quest to retrieve some materials. 2 hours later, mission Complete! Here's my version, I call it the Peek-a-boo open and close sensory board.


Here's what I did: 

I covered the front and back of the wooden board with felt, screwed on the hinges and lock for the door using very small screws and added a picture of my 7 year old. The window was made with felt and a pop top from a travel pack of disposable wipes, a picture of our kitten was added to that. I used buttons and felt to make the flowerpot, a snap fastener and peek-a-boo caterpillar were added to the sun. The dog with the pop open collar was one of my favorites, Victory loved it! The zip up flower and butterfly don't really do anything and are more for visual effects. Next time I will add something behind the zipper because Victory keeps trying to look inside, lol. For decoration and character I added sequins and large googly eyes, don't you just love those? I mostly used a glue gun with the exception of the few screws for the door and lock. This is a great sensory toy but parental supervision is always recommended when tots are involved. 

Check out Craftulates board here:

http://craftulate.com/2013/12/fine-motor-clothes-fastenings-fine-motor-fridays.html

No comments:

Post a Comment