Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Crayola Air-Dry Clay Christmas Ornaments

If you're looking for a Christmas craft to do with your children look no further. Check out these easy to make Christmas ornaments. All you need is some Crayola Air-Dry Clay which you can get at Target, Walmart, or a craft store. I got a large one from Jo-ann Fabric & Craft Store for under $10 on sale. You will also need cookie cutters, paint (I used water colors) and wax paper to prevent the clay from sticking to the surface. I added a little bit of water to my clay as needed to make it more manageable. Another alternative is to make the ornaments from salt dough, check out Penniless Parenting for a no bake recipe: http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2011/08/salt-dough-frugal-kids-craft.html

The first ornament below was made using everyone's finger print which I made to look like a bouquet of flowers. You will need a thin tipped paint brush for writing which I find can be quite difficult and challenging for the kids. Sharpies are much easier for them to write with. I had everyone make their first initial and then paint it, it takes about 24 hours to dry. I used the end of the paint brush to make the little hole at the top so they can be hung on the tree. Plastic ribbon works well for the ties but you can use whatever you like, be creative! You can also do baby hand/foot prints using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment